A few simple solutions make a big impact, fast
1. Lighting Sleek new fixtures give the kitchen a modern look.
2. Paint A Creamy beige paint for cabinets combines with white walls to open up the space. TIP: Before painting the cabinets, be sure to sand and apply primer.
3. Flooring Peel-and-stick 18-inch vinyl tiles, which mimic the look of real stone, are a cinch to install.
4. Window Treatment A bamboo Roman shade highlights the window and adds subtle texture to the room.
5. Fashion Plumbing A new faucet—featuring a pullout sprayer—that fits the sink.
6. Cabinet Hardware Chrome knobs replace the outdated cabinet pulls. For the drawers, the previous holes were filled with wood filler, and a new center hole was drilled for the knobs. On each cabinet door, one hole was filled and the knob was inserted into the other hole.